View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 09:50 AM   #7
nellie1289
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
First, which hitch did you purchase with your Montana? They make a towing hitch and an accessory hitch. You should be fine with the towing hitch. But, be aware that generators are a favorite target of thieves. Talking generators is like saying which hitch or truck is best. The answer is what works best for you. We started with a single Honda 2000 about 15 years ago. It is still running great. Later, we added a second unit and the parallel kit. This gave us a lot of flexibility. If we only need a little power, we run one generator. If we want to run AC or need to charge the batteries, we can run both. Plus, I built a cage that has a 2” steel bar running through the handles and a 6 gallon tank that sits between the two generators. Plus, the generators stay with us and aren’t sitting there tempting a thief. It looks like that Westinghouse is a nice unit. Choose what works for you. Remember, in RVing there are very few right or wrong solutions. It’s about what works for you.
I will just say on my 2021 montana the factory hitch is rate for 300lbs tongue weight and 3000 lbs towing(triples) if anyone has the balls to do that behind a 41 foot fiver. LOL

2021 Montana 3854BR with 2014 Ram 3500 SRW Limited CC LB, 2021 Malibu 23 LSV, 2019 Can AM XRS turbo, 2017 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote