Thread: Cap light
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 05:55 PM   #12
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwhite368 View Post
Upon arriving at today's destination (Punta Gorda, FL), I found the upper cap light halfway off and blown up towards the roof. Upon inspection, the streetside end (where it connects to power) was sealed with clear RTV. The curbside was not which I believe was lifted by air turbulence coupled with the driving rains we drove through since last Wednesday. The light strip was just affixt with doubleface tape.

Any suggestions? My plan right now is a bead of clear RTV to mount the light strip and a dollup on the end to keep air from getting under it.

Shame as we have only had the RV for 6 weeks and this is our second trip.

BTW, Montana customer service wasn't really of much help. The said to cut it off and it could be replaced by a dealer. My dealer is 800 miles away.
I wouldn’t cut it off unless you absolutely have to. You can have It repaired under warranty at any authorized dealer near you, as long as they have time to fix it. You don’t have to use your home dealer for something like this. Montana can tell you which dealer is closest to your current location. Thats the catch. I use marine silicone. Its way stronger than what Keystone uses and waterproof. If you use the clear, it’s removable, with some effort. I have silicone on my 2018 HC that is literally falling off my RV. I am in the process of replacing all the silicone caulking on my rig that is easily coming off, especially where it is falling off on its own. Once replaced It is highly unlikely I will ever have to replace it again. Give it a try, it’s great stuff.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote