View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 10:05 AM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
When we built our home in 2012 in the mountains, our builder brought in a home automation expert to help us. When seconds count where we live 911 is only an hour away. So, we had interior and exterior cameras with motion sensors installed. Now we have Alexa and our Control4 system is augmented with Blink cameras and some Smartlife plugs and switches. For about $60 I now have 4 switches and 4 outlets that I can control via WiFi, App or Alexa. I also added (4) Blink cameras on the outside. I bought my cameras as a two pack and a three pack. That gave me two sync modules - one for the house and one for the Montana. One of the Blink cameras will Mount under our porch light and allow me later to add a camera inside the Montana. And, the Smartlife devices can be programmed to come on and off in a random pattern. No monthly fees. As with trucks, hitches and floor plans - there are no right or wrong solutions - only what works best for you. Smart plugs and Blink can be up and running in literally minutes each. The switches require replacing existing switches. They work like a regular switch or by app or WiFi or Alexa. Added advantage, when I have my arms full, I just say Alexa, turn on Hallway. An added bonus is I can create groups with my Alexa that includes Smartlife and Control4 devices. If we get home after dark, I turn on main floor - outside garage, inside garage, hallway, foyer and nightstand lights all come on lighting a path through the house.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is online now   Reply With Quote