View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:13 AM   #17
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Lynwood, I think the issue for many, is the blanket statement. I specifically worked through Lippert and Keystone less than two years ago before purchasing my hitch and they said it wasn’t an issue. One other thing, for those who have not seen the Andersen or Pullrite hitches. There are four possible combinations of install on these hitches. Two of the combinations involve the base. The base can be mounted either closer or further away from the cab (in front or behind the ball in the bed). The orientation of that should not affect the pin. Now, the funnel (or ball in the case of the Pullrite) can be mounted in front or behind the kingpin. My belief (without doing FEA analysis) is that if the funnel/ball is in front of the kingpin, it would potentially add a lever arm creating more stress. (How much and is it critical would require advanced analysis - not just anecdotal.) However, if the funnel/ball is behind the kingpin, I would believe it would reduce that stress. But, as pointed out by my dealer, they would have to prove the hitch caused the issue (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act). So, for me the issue is do I want to roll the dice on my new fully loaded Montana or do I want to buy another new hitch?
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote