View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:15 AM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I've tried finding what the combined output is of my two Cummings Onan P4500i generators when run in parallel and could not find any information. But I do know, when I run both generators in parallel, I can run .... all at the same time:

Both air conditioners
The microwave
The electric fire place
The electric on the water heater
The residential refrigerator
Both televisions
and an electric skillet

House lights, water pump, furnace, all run on 12 volt battery, but the converter is still running, and the "inverter" for the refrigerator switches over, between AC and DC input.

The Onan P4500i runs quiet, even two of them at the same time. I can carry on a normal conversation standing right beside them while both are running without having to yell and shout above the noise. They do weigh over 100 pounds each, but do fit in the bed of my pick-up truck with the cover on, hiding them. They are wheels, have a telescoping handle to move them around easily and come equipped with a 30 amp RV socket. To run parallel, I needed to get the wire kit. It simply plugs in on each generator, and then I needed the adapter for the 50 amp RV plug. They are very fuel efficient (gasoline), battery start with a remote or push button.

However, they are not cheap. They are now over $1100 each, maybe even more than that now. But, they ARE worth it.

Anyway, in your quest for a solution, at least take a peak at these. Other than the initial price, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The only thing that does not play well with these is my Progressive portable EMS. It throws a ground error. But with these generators, I'm not worried a bit about "dirty" electricity.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote