View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #8
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbeejohn View Post
Well folks, i read all the postings on tires and i thought i could get a few miles on the original factory tires, was i wrong?? On my 3rd trip, about 3000 miles or less on the tires and one blew at about 70 mph. Did some damage to the underbody of the 331RL, and i am now trying to find a shop that will do the repairs. As i was traveling in West Texas on I10, on my way to Big Bend, i turned north to Odessa, added 6 hrs to my days traveling and purchased 4 new Goodyear Endurance 23580R16, hoping they will do the trick. Thoughts??
Am I correct in assuming your Rainier ties were OE and sized ST235/80R16 LRE? And you replaced them with GY Endurance ST235/80R16 LRE.?

The ST235/80R16 LRE is a preocular tire. It is manufactured by different manufacturers that have built them with three different load capacities. All with a load range letter "E" but having different maximum load capacities at 80 PSI. The Rainier has a 3520# maximum load capacity at 80 PSI. The GY Endurance same size and load range provides 3420# of load capacity at 80 PSI.

The first rule for replacement tires is; they MUST provide a load capacity equal to or greater than what the OE tires provided.

REF: USTMA
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote