View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 06:59 AM   #40
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
It just makes sense to some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
I built steel 4x8 foot deck on the back of my Montana witch puts us at 44 feet. I carry a late model 1k pound full dress Harley Davidson on the back with ease. The deck is about 225 pounds. I welded two receivers on both side I beams and regular trailer hitch square tubing on the deck. It slides in and with ease! We have over 30k miles on this rig with 0 problem's! and that is saying alot with all the jacked up roads in this US of A
Glad this is working out for you. Some of the Sandford and Son adaptions to ideas is the reason I follow no one traveling, rolling the dice. The last one was the short extension ladder that was tied to the rv ladder that came off as the Bufoone passed us, and was laying right in the middle of the road, I swerved missed it the guy behind me didn`t the clown kept going.
Several manufactures make products for hauling unusual loads behind RV`s
Why would anyone want to try and out do their engineering and testing to save a few dollars. Besides you could sell it for at least half when your done with it and rest easy that your not going to endanger the traveling public.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote