View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #15
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
If you decide to go with the Rule Steel ramp, just make sure you get one high enough that the second tire will actually lift off the ground.

I made my own out of 6x6 lumber removed from an old barn. I thought the 6x6 would be high enough to bring the second tire off the ground. Nope, didn't even come close. I added 2 more layers of 2x6's (actually 1 and 1/2 inch thick) for a total of 3 additional inches of height. That's 8.5 inches the ramp tire had to raise for the second tire to get off the ground successfully. And this was completely level ground. And.... it's extremely safe. No fear of jacks slipping, sliding or a trailer crashing down.

I still carry that hunk of lumber with me all the time. I had more lumber I can make the block even taller, if needed, for example, on the side of the road and the trailer is leaning. It's going to take more than 8.5 inches to raise the bad tire. This is why lumber works well for me.

I really like the Rule Steel. I might check into them and see if they make a ramp that will lift 8.5 inches. To raise higher, I suppose you can always add lumber under them.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote