View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #8
Reeves

M.O.C. #28840
Thanks for all the suggestions! Leaning toward a sort of hybrid of these, mainly because I know the job will take longer than I think it will. Everything moves slower in the heat and boy is it summer down here.

My thought is, use the double trailer-aid idea and evenly lift one whole axle at a time, truck attached and manually drop the rear legs just enough to take a little weight and make the whole thing more stable. Put a set of jack stands under the rear of the frame and bring the rear down enough, until the stands are solid and stable, and sharing load with rear jacks, trailer aid ramps, and truck. Swap tires/brakes, and then repeat for other axle. Thoughts?

For those that have done the brake install, is it a pain to run the lines with the wheels/tires on, or something that can normally be worked around?

Thanks again, trying to think the whole thing through in the a/c before I have to start troubleshooting in the heat.

PTB does have some great helpful videos but I am realistic that they make it look really easy because that is what they do all the time and have a shop full of tools meant for the job.
Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote