View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 11:50 PM   #10
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Sorry you had an issue and I will be interested in if Sailun helps you out in any way. Goodyear sells some really expensive tires that have a lot more reported failures and has been known to help out on tire failures, hopefully Sailun will help out.
Boy that tire does look bad. Looks like it was towed quite some time to get that much wear especially when you have the tire monitor system. Were the tires balanced and if they were did it appear that maybe they lost a balance weight? Another thought is if the alignment on that axle is possibly bad? I had a Vanguard Unit that had one tire always wearing out as the alignment was out on the DS rear tire. Even had one blowout but that was way before tire pressure monitoring systems were even thought about. Maybe Vietnam made tires could have some issues. I am one of those people who bought them and have had no trouble. Pretty sure the majority of Sailun tire owners are still happy with their purchase. Sailun also makes over the road truck tires and I am confident in my S637 tires.
I am glad your system alerted you and everyone is safe.

Happy and safe roads to you.

Tom Marty