Thread: EEK a MOUSE!!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #1
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
EEK a MOUSE!!

Well not really an EEK but more like an "Awdang"(or worse)

No clue how they got in since I thought I had covered/plugged any access holes underneath but it looks like another session on my back (which I need to do anyhow to clean or replace the two sewer valve seals which we were able to jam, most likely with a wad of TP)

Once those beasties got in, they moved to the living space via the open ended 2" belly heat duct. This duct has some of what appear to be claw holes. The registers were all pulled and, yep, mouse poo and pee and it was fresh as I had actually pulled those registers off and cleaned the transition a couple weeks ago.

I pulled the four 4"ducts off the furnace manifold and used my smaller shop vac to blow from inside any remaining poo out (and there was a fair amount). I also pulled the 2" belly heat duct off and blocked the adapter more or less permanently since we don't cold weather camp. Those adapters are usually easily unscrew from the furnace manifold but can be a bit difficult if you miss the cutout and are doing it by feel.

Oh and before you say it, that 2" hose does NOT count in the required 48 square inces of ducting for a 35K Btu furnace.

Always something to do when you own an RV - and if you do, you really need to be a DIYer.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote