View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #17
ADP1723
Established Member

M.O.C. #29275
Problem Found!

Well I dropped the bottom of the RV on the "driver's side" just in front of the trailer wheels, and sure enough the entire underbelly looked like a rat orgy den from hell . The green, white, and red 16ga wires (which run to the tail lights) were shredded to pieces in a couple spots, so I'm planning on using some spare pieces of 16ga wire to reconnect the two ends that have been severed.

HOWEVER, I now have the following questions for you:

1) There is also a thicker red wire (maybe 10ga) running along the same path as the brake light wires that had some bite marks but the internal wires are all still intact. I’m guessing I should go ahead and repair/replace this one too for safety reasons, but does anyone have any idea what this thicker red wire is for/what it powers??? (see attached picture)

2) I can almost access everything just by unbolting the bottom cover on the side and peeling it down (to avoid cutting into it), but there is this metal pipe running horizontally across the bottom that's preventing me from getting where I need to work, so does anyone know what this pipe is for, and if it's something I can disconnect to move it out of the way without causing problems? Here is a picture of the pipe:

Thanks so much for all the help guys! You are all amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thicker red wire.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	10213  
ADP1723 is offline   Reply With Quote