View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #18
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
I have followed your posts concerning the Sailuns. When I first saw that you were replacing them ,my assumption you were scared off because of the Vietnam made issues with them. Now that I see they were made in China, just curious as to why you would replace a new set of Sailuns , their track record ,not counting these recent issues with the Vietnam made have been second to none.

Pretty sure Montana bailed on the G614's they used to offer , because of there weight rating not meeting the specs of the heavier Montana fifth wheels .Yours being nearly 17,000 GVWR , G614's don't have the correct weight rating to meet your fifth wheel @ 3750 lbs @ 110 psi. Reason they have went with the G rated St's that have 4080 lbs @ 110psi . I know the G614's have improved ,I guess , we don't hear about them blowing out nearly as often ,but at one time they were terrible ,and tore up more fifth wheels than those Sailuns ever will ..

I too would be very skeptical of any Sailun made in Vietnam , but the China made as said have been the tire to have .
I have had Goodyears on most of my RV's two of our 5th wheels were Mobile Suites, both's had weight's more than every 5th wheel we have owned. With the Mobile Suites we traveled thru 44 States, each year we were on the road 4 to 6 months, From Tennessee to Utah, to South Texas, then Florida the last several winters. I do not trust Saliuns do the research you will see there are lots of problems with China made tires. But, those who use them that is their choice. I have a set of Saliuns for sell $400.00, made in China. Good Luck with your choice's.

Happy trails.