View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 03:32 PM   #39
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
We avoid anything "MADE IN CHINA". We will look for alternatives or buy nothing..
I would challenge anyone to build out a computer and networking system to connect to this forum that avoided all components made in China.

I remember when I was young that "MADE IN JAPAN" meant junk. My kids hear that and think I have no idea... now made in Japan is associated with some of the highest quality manufacturing in the world. Times are changing; today, while much of the Made in China products may be junk, there is an increasing amount of luxury and quality items made there. (Apple products, anyone? Lenovo? Nikon? ... or do you have an LCD screen in your monitor or TV? ... the list is getting longer).

Back to the point - Sailuns that are made in China have taken over a lot of market share from the traditional brands, especially with commercial truckers. Yes, they want to save money on tire purchases, but they also know the cost of tire failures on the road. They would not buy made in China Sailun tires if they were junk; in fact you won't find the "no name" Chinese brands on commercial rigs.

IMHO, "Made in China" is not at all as black and white as you make it seem, and your advice to "avoid or buy nothing" is actually not entirely possible.

Brad