View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 06:47 AM   #9
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckandTeresa View Post
Another hint, the original and the new couch bounced forward on the road, and I rarely remembered to climb through and push it back before opening the slideout. The living room side slideout trim on the rear of the slide was just brad-nailed in, and frequently popped off during opening. After several times of repairing it, I had a great idea: I put the couch in place, pushed it back far enough to clear the slide out, marked a pencil line on the linoleum at the front of the couch support bar, then painted and screwed in two sections of 1” x 2” pine to hold it in place on the road snd during setup. Once the slideouts are open, I tip the couch over the wood guards and it is ready to recline. No worries since.
This is actually a great idea! Our recliners came with a strap what we put on before travel that keeps them from moving. That strap goes around the outside of the recliners on the seating surface.

But, now I'm thinking, why didn't Keystone put that strap down low on the base/frame of the recliner, so that you never had to take it on or off, or worry about whether it was strapped in?

Or, if that doesn't work, take your wood block idea, and put the wood blocks so that they capture the frame of the recliner in the back, and then you would never have to worry about them moving, something like the red block:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	530
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	10660