View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 08:17 AM   #11
Baldicon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
It’s very unlikely you have had three bad new hitches. Do you use one of the lube plates? You might be too sensitive to a little movement.
Lynwood
I agree completely Lynwood. I assumed the first B&W hitch was faulty. But when the second head started having the same problem, I pretty well eliminated the hitch as the problem. I did question the angle of the bottom hinged portion of the Trailair when coupled to the hitch. It placed the hitch plate at a slightly forward tilt. So instead of pulling straight back on the hitch jaws, the jaws are also tilted slightly upward (hope I'm making sense). I discussed this possibility with the B&W engineer, and he didn't think that was an issue. With regard to being too sensitive, that is a possibility. I can be a little anal about things. But the B&W engineer said that the jaws should not be moving the way they were on the video I sent him. I didn't mention in my initial post, but I could actually move the port side jaw slightly by just pushing with my fingers. I haven't tried that on the Comfort Ride hitch jaws yet.