View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #12
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
Todd, if you install your dish on the roof, before you make any final connections, check your signal. Just be prepared to run direct to your receiver. If you run into issues and call Winegard, the very first question (after they ask if there are any obstructions) is if you have your cable running directly from the dome to the receiver/power inserter. We have ours on the roof and love it. It eliminates two issues for us. First is storage. With our Super Solar we lost a significant amount of basement space, so storage is important. Second, I like watching TV in the evening and the convenience when it’s precipitating and cold of not having to be out in the elements is great. We can be inside relaxing within ten minutes of hitting our campsite. But everyone has different wants, needs and requirements. Our camping is usually in wide open spaces and very rarely do we camp where we’re under trees. I also (because of our issues trying to get DirecTV to work with the dome) bought a tripod system. So, I have the convenience of roof or off camper use of the satellite. And that stores under the bed. Good luck on getting set up.
Ive been running the DTV HR2400 HD receiver with the Non HD portable Kingquest antenna .. has worked great for 8 years but wanting to upgrade antenna to HD abilities and see you are using the Tripod setup..

If you have the time I would be interested in knowing what tripod setup your are using .. did you buy a package kit? If so which one? Also how do you usually anchor the tripod and how long to aim the dish?

Thanks..
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote