View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 11:56 AM   #14
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
I disagree. They obviously do carry load and increase actual load capacity , however should not be used to calculate load capacity for the tow vehicle, as they can and do fail. Should not be used to compensate for grossly overweight vehicles. Can they carry the load? Probably, until they fail. Then you are in trouble. I went for the 7000 pound air ride with remote compressor. Never a problem. They take some weight, level the truck, and do make the ride softer. I still have the load capacity should one fail. My pin weight varies depending my load so the air bags level my truck and pick up some load if I am loaded heavy. Glad I have them 4 years now.
You can disagree all you want, even the air bag companies disagree with you. Here is one company, the FAQ page and I am supplying the screen grab as well as the link. You can test yourself, get a can of beans or similar, weigh on your bathroom scales, now make an airbag, maybe zip lock bag, blow in it and seal it. now put the can of beans on the air bag that is on the scales. Is the weight the same?
https://www.firestoneip.com/ride-rite/faq/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 10.50.47.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	11136  
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote