View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 03:17 AM   #7
Ozzie Cozzies
Established Member

M.O.C. #21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by KausalityKid View Post
I may have been taken just a bit. I bought a B&W 25,000 lb. hitch at a cost of $1,350 purchase and professionally installed. The installation took longer than quoted because they said the pucks were not exactly lined up.

This is not meant to be misogynistic,, but I felt like the oft talked about example of the housewife who takes her car in for repair and the mechanic took advantage of.
Don't worry. You have purchased what I believe is the BEST hitch on the market. It is worth every cent you paid for it. It saved me from the "Trip from Hell". Late at night going up a 9 hairpin road in SC (I know - I should have researched route but didn't have time), I literally dragged the rig up the mountain - went past the point of no return and had to proceed - 4 miles in 2 hours. Did over $20k damage to truck tray (8') and rig. And I actually bent the receiving 1/2" plate on the hitch which B&W didn't think was possible BUT the rig stayed attached to the truck and didn't end up down the side of the mountain. Insurance paid for a new hitch head (and the rest). I am so pleased I purchased a welded box section B&W Companion hitch - a lighter folded plate hitch would have probably failed/buckled/unhitched. You will not regret your decision. You'll only regret it when you decide to remove the hitch due to the weight, but luckily, the head plate does easily detach from the main frame. And by the way, mine didn't simply drop in on install either. I completely loosen all the cam/puck bolts, got them in the puck slots, turned the cams, and then tightened them up accordingly. Hasn't moved since 2019. You'll be right - you made the right decision

Martin & Sue - Travelling Aussies
2018 Montana 3130RE, B&W RVK3600 25,000lb for RAM OEM Puck, 2014 RAM 3500 Laramie Crew Cab LB 4x4 SRW
Ozzie Cozzies is offline   Reply With Quote