Thread: Curious Problem
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 09:11 AM   #4
MAWilsonPE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26813
Ron, you should be able to see those relays at the bottom middle of the SSF box through the plexiglass window.

OK, so you are just plugging the generators into the shore power cord, got it.

I also had to replace my Progressive Industries EMS box due to intermittent AC connection problems. I assume your PCS panel is not showing an over amp indication on any of the circuits it controls so if it is shedding then it thinks the AC power has been disconnected (it will then wait 2 minutes before bringing them all back on again). Even if the PCS sheds all loads you should still be charging your batteries as the inverter/charger is not a PCS controlled load. So you must be losing your AC power connection if you are shedding AND no longer charging.

Try plugging in a simple outlet plug tester (like the pic below) into an outlet in the kitchen somewhere. None of the outlets are controlled by the PCS so will not ever shed. You can then see if you are losing your AC connection somehow. This is how I figured out that my EMS was going bad (I then opened the EMS box and wiggled the push bar on the relay and it would affect the contact)

Best, Mike
Attached Images

MAWilsonPE is offline   Reply With Quote