View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 01:17 PM   #8
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
We had the same problem just before the Rally last year. I fixed it while at the rally.
Use a plastic scraper to remove any sealant.
Remove the 4 long screws that hold the black flange on. To remove the flange you will need a utility knife LONG razer blade to cut through the sealant along the bottom edge between the flange and the tank.
Once you have removed the flange you will see the 4 screws mounting the tank to the wall studs. In my case 2 small lame screws.
To push the rank back into place you will need an assistant to pry up on the back end while you push it back into place.
To help seal up the air gaps around the tank (keeps drafts out in the winter) I put 1" backer Rod around the tank (I may have cut it in half lengthwise, I don't remember).
I put 3 screws into the left and right sides to hold it in place. Water is heavy bouncing down these roads. Next, I put rubber D seal tape (1/8 - 5/16) around the inside of the flange (I left a 1" gap at the bottom for drainage).
Next I put a thick bead of sealant across the bottom edge of the tank and up the sides about 3". This makes it water tight when you drain the tank it doesn't run back into your rig.
Now put the flange back on and seal it (again leave a 1" gap at the bottom for drainage).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210909_103248.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	11577   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210909_104321.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	11578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water heater mounting screws 1.jpg
Views:	42