View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 07:03 PM   #6
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
This is an interesting subject. On several occasions I've had Montana owners say that downspout placement is less than desirable.

But when I ask for how they would divert the water better or different, there seems to be no good answer.

If the downspout isn't there, the rain water from that gutter rail will go directly on to the top of the slideout or run down the sidewall (causing more streaks).

I'm not sure Montana owners would want the water to be placed on the slide out roof, to then run down the slideout endwall. I've seen other brands do this only to have problems down the road.

I'd love to hear some solutions that are thought out and feasible.

Well I dont have any solutions since this is my first Montana and it's only been out 3 times but... thank you Sam for asking the Montana community for input and making yourself available! You were amazing in helping to solve my Issue. I did just check gutter and see that it ends close to the steps and has a bit of an angle that would project the water stream towards the steps in a heavy down pour. Perhaps soften the angle?