View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 06:20 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
It's been several years since we had Dish TV. We quit using Dish TV because they kept jacking prices up on us and there was never anything new, just the same movies, shows, reruns, and commercials, commercial, commercials. We went back to over-the-air television, and a few years later discovered streaming video, which has been great!

But, to get back to your question. We had problems whenever we attempted to connect our Tailgater to the trailer, (Spiringdale and then an Outback, both Keystone trailers) and then the connection inside the trailers to the receiver. It basically was a very short connection, maybe 6 inches from the outside to the inside. It was a separate connection from the over-the-air coax connection or cable coax connection.

I contacted Dish TV and they said it was probably the wire itself or the connections in the trailer. Dish TV evidently uses a higher quality, or a better coax cable, and the connections are somehow different than the normal run-of-the-mill Wall Mart stuff.

I never did get Dish TV to work as expected in the camper. I had to use the original 50 foot of wire that came when it was originally installed (at home, and the Tailgater for the camper), and I always had to feed the wire through the window.

Just an FYI, we have a Visible Phone plan ($40 a month), truly unlimited, and purchased a portable router that hard wires into the phone. The WIFI router allows multiple devices to run at the same time, flawless! We stream everything now on our Roku televisions. We pay the penance price for Prime Video and combined, that is still far cheaper than what we were paying for Dish TV.

AND... No headaches, no problem with trees blocking the signal, and looking for a clear South West sky, no haggling with wires, connections, or dragging equipment around either. Just a small cell phone, and a router about 2 inches square, and we have WIFI anywhere we get a phone signal. I suppose, if you dry camp in some of the Western states in deserted areas, you will not have phone service though. But, if you are camping somewhere like that ... who wants television anyway!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote