Thread: CPAP Shelf
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 09:16 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I doubt the engineers are old enough to realize how prevalent CPAP devices have become. Now a days it makes sense to have an inverted outlet near the head of the bed. I agree it would be a nice to hard standard feature.

Having an older unit, there was no inverter originally. I have a big one that run Entertainment Center functions. But I didn't want to run it all night long as that tends to waste 12V needlessly. My CPAP would run on 12V power that I stole from the TV outlet. That was replaced by a Bi-PAP which wouldn't work with the long 12V extension cord across the room (too much voltage/amperage loss). I upgraded to a 300 Watt inverter plugged into the outlet and a long 120V extension cord and it works fine.

I have run 12V wiring for CPAPs in friends RVs. Running an inverted 120V line should be easy depending in the floor plan. Front bedrooms are easy to get to from the storage bay. I don't know enough about rear bedroom models to say it would be easy. Obviously you can run a line under the coroplast but that may be too much work.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote