View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 02:07 PM   #24
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalH View Post
I understand where you're coming from but my personal view is the current malaise in our younger population, as well as societal conflicts, are cyclical. Our society has become too advanced, too soft and too entitled but there will come a day when life kicks them in the teeth.

There will be challenges ahead, just as there are plenty of challenges behind us.
If the generations coming up don't gain the skills to achieve and excel, their standards of living will suffer. Once they get to the point of subsistence living they will either pull themselves up by the bootstraps or get a shopping cart and find a street corner. I'm betting the vast majority of them figure out a way to make it work.

I also pray regularly that they do!
I also pray they do but have far less faith they will, the majority will but a huge minority will never even know how to work a screw driver. Peer pressure in the past was about hitting a bulls eye, today it's drugs. It is often said here "if you are not handy don't buy an RV", so Goshen best be looking for another industry as RVs go the way of the rotary phone.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote