View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 03:23 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazoomer View Post
...I can only find 1 battery and it will charge but the SG is very low so it will not hold a charge. I have to get a dog bone to connect shore power (120 v only).
It comes with a propane generator that I doubt has every been used based on the engine paint!

Is there a master electric switch? I need to get the slides (4) out to get around in the unit. I am not sure how the control panel works exactly, it does not have 4 separate slide switches that I can see or understand?....
First, get a RV deep cycle battery that holds its charge. The battery is needed when extending the slides as the electrical converter doesn't have enough power on its own.

Second get a dog bone attachment to connect the RV to shore power. 15 amp will work if just charging the battery but 30 amps is better. The shore power is need to charge the battery.

I do not believe there was a "master" disconnect switch for the 12V side. The 120v disconnect is the circuit breakers in the electrical panel.

There are 3 separate functional areas in picture 3. The upper left is the control for the front landing gear (extend and retract). The lower area are controls (valves) for each of the four hydraulic slide outs.

The valves are: Bed = Bedroom; ODS = Off Door Side aka the driver's side; DS = Door side (i.e. passenger's side); and AUX = which is a slide I am not familiar with.

Normally the valves are open which allows the hydraulic system to move the slide. You can close a valve by turning it clockwise and now that slide will not be moved by the hydraulic system. This allows you to move slides in or out as needed. But the normal setting is to have the valves all open.

The slides are hydraulically operated via the "Glide" switch in picture 3. There is one hydraulic loop for all the slides. When you open or close, they will operate in a semi-sequential order starting with the lightest weight to the heaviest. You can change this by using the valves I mentioned above.

The Upper Left controls I am not familiar with but I am guessing they work with the remote control. The "Room" position is likely for the slides (or Glide as sometimes called). I have no idea what "AWG' might mean. The "LG" is the landing gear" and the "STB" must be the rear stabilizers. I didn't ever have or see this control so it is all a guess.

Quote:
....I am used to a Utility control bay on a class A but I don't see such a location on this? Can't find city water hook up only a fill tube in the back, Did find the find waste water valve....
I skipped the 2008 era, but the everything you want is there. The water fill at the back is the fill for the fresh water tank. If you want to hook up to city water, I remember a hose connection on the driver's side wall. The drain valves for the holding tanks are in two places. The black and shower tank drains are in the pass through compartment on the left side. The galley tank - yes there are two grey water tanks despite what you might read in the brochures - is a handle sticking out of the frame on the driver's side somewhere around the wheels (either in front or behind or?). The sere drain should be obvious exiting out the driver's side in front of the wheels.

Quote:
....The key fobe did come with a wireless function for a light and up and down arrows. Could that be used to wirelessly raise and lower the landing gear?
I think that is correct but I have never seen it before

Quote:
....The other picture includes, Monitoring gauges for tanks, LP, battery. The other panel is the thermostat. The third one is lights and awning and a Glide room? Is there only one switch for all the slide outs? Doesn't seem right to me? What am I missing?...
You have it correctly. Only one switch for all the slide outs as described above.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote