View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 09:19 PM   #11
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster and Sandra View Post
I wanted to check back in and give a quick update on Sandra. We went back Thursday morning for a follow-up with the Retina Dr. and he did find a tear at the retina. The floaters had been dissipating/less noticeable and she wasn't seeing any more light flashes so we were a bit suprised. He had told us it was a good possibilty since the vitreous seperation was so close to the retina that a tear would appear. He took us back to another room where the laser was and after about 20-25 zaps he had re-secured the vitreous and secured the tear at the retina. He said she should be good to go and for her to just have an easy, very low activity week. Sandra said it didnt really hurt until the end when it started feeling kinda uncomfortable. Later she said she felt like she had a headache in her eye, but, Tylenol took care of the pain. She feels good this morning and she follows up next Thursday.
Looks like I'm gonna be the laundry and inside house duties guy this week, under her expert supervision of course!!
Thanks for all the prayers and comments

I'm surprised you haven't been doing all those things all along. I'm the dish washer and the laundry person, as well as the grocery getter. This leaves Becky to doing all her sewing projects. She had the lightning and floater thing a few years ago and we got her into an eye doctor right away, but she didn't need any treatment and is still doing fine. It is scary when the vision is threatened. My late wife had wet AMD, ended up not being able to drive and had a difficult time around the house. Even had to put sticky bump things on the dish washer and other appliances so she could feel the start buttons.