View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 04:58 PM   #13
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Schleining View Post
Well.. we took our New Montana out for trip #2.. a week at the Wonderful Oregon Coast.
We got over easy the first trip with an 80 ft Pull Through site with no obstructions.
Trip number 2.. not as easy.. and now we understand a bit more about the learning curve on backing a 5th wheel compared to the Travel Trailer and getting 41 feet of 5th wheel into a tight spot.
The Good news is no damage and we are still married.
The Better news is getting out was so much easier.
The Learning Curve.. shortened and we feel so much better have gone through this challenge.
The obstructions were three Douglas Fir trees.. one was MASSIVE! The other was a road the bent the wrong way and a grey water sump on the blind side.
I know I sound like such a rookie here.. but it was pretty tough, but became a learning experience and nothing got hurt except my ego.
Most of us have a similar experience. Those tree branches look a bit low so watch out for those. Its amazing how small branches, let alone big ones, can mess up your roof! Just had mine repaired while doing regular roof inspection. A little Dicore and I’m ready to go.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote