View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 03:08 PM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
Here's an example of the dog bone I have.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HV8KB24
If only this truly worked, it would be too simple. Cummins would sell their own brand of these then.

I think you found your answer as you stated in your above post.

To answer you other question, ... "Yes!" I've been very, very pleased with both of my Onan's, using them under all kinds of conditions, in parallel and not.

Recently, we've been traveling with only 1, instead of both of them. We do State Park camping and always with a minimum of electric hook-up. However, with my wife still working full time remote, we need to make sure we have back-up power in the event of campground power failure. She has to stay connected. We can survive on 1 air conditioner for a short while. And in all our years of camping at state parks, we've experience power outages, maybe .... twice. And then it was restored within an hour or so.

So, one generator only travels with us now. The other one is still at home. My son lives there and he also works from home (computer software developer for a medical company) and he needs to have power back-up in the event of power failure too. We do have an older, pull cord generator that runs louder than a lawn mower with a broken muffler, but it's awkward to handle. So, we decided to let him have the second one for back-up. Now, if we were home and we had a power outage, I'd hook up both to the camper (which we have done a few times) and run the old one for the house appliances and internet. (which we have done a few times also since getting the Onan's).

The versatility of having 2 of them is priceless for us. And the ability to run full 50 amp for the trailer is priceless too. We've had ours for over 2 years now, and they still run great! I do turn the gas off when done and let the carburetor run itself empty. I do not want sitting gas to gum up the carburetor. I do this will all my gasoline powered devices that have gas shut off's. I think this is what really keeps them running well.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote