Thread: Had it with AAA
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 05:21 AM   #23
Gunny B
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23153
We had a flat before getting on I 10 on our return trip from Gulf Shores and it took four hours for the guy to show up. He wouldnt head in our direction until he got his fee which was $150 more then my coverage allows. I was thinking it was some semi truck tire repair shop and it ended up being a guy in a pickup truck and a breaker bar. After that experience ive decided to carry my own tools , compressor, electric impact wrench,and a bottle jack to connect to my compressor. In June I had another flat and i had to make the dcsion to do it myself due to my location and a tire shop not being available on the weekends. I ended up changing the tire myself and got to the only tire shop for 80 miles 30 minutes before they closed. I bought a brand new tire and later got that hole fixed. Now i travel with an extra tire minus the rim in addition to my spare. Ive broken down on weekdays and was lucky i traveled when shops are open for business. Its not like years ago when the corner gas station was your go to mechanic for a tire repair or a fix to your tow vehicle.
Gunny B is offline   Reply With Quote