View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #21
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Unfortunately, after being a park ranger for 16 years, I can imagine that, and much worse. trash in the fire ring.. 'stuff' left in the yard. things drained out on the ground that make you WISH they would just drain the gray tank at a tree. kids and dogs roaming at will, dogs sicced on the ranger (the only times I have ever put my hand on my side arm are when the dog is within striking distance... the comment "SURE hope the dog don't bite me" with the holster unsnapped and the right hand firm around the grip is garunteed to get instant results).
It all boils down to "nobody in this campground matters as much as me and how I wsh to have a good time"
The names I got called because I diligently tried to assure EVERYONE at my parks had a chance at that good time. sigh.
Now I just have to put up with campgrounds where despite the rules, I always wind up with the seasonal long term campers who think all those rules are for someone else. Doesn't help that the owner stuffed me between the basketball court and the kiddie playground. watching the b-ball kids intentionally bash my windchimes was precious the other day! grr
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote