View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #6
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
No it’s not a crazy idea. It’s my favorite road to travel. Yes it’s curvy, kinda steep in places but it’s drop dead gorgeous. And right now is the time to see it. There are nice camp grounds every few hours and I’ve been in most of them. We only live about 12 miles over Poor Mountain from the Parkway so I’m on it frequently. It’s a great road for my motorcycle. It’s our most used national park but it’s never crowded.
Drive slow. You wouldn’t run through a museum and you wouldn’t drive fast on the parkway. Stop at the overlooks. As an example of the exhibits there is an old cabin 50 or 75 miles south of us where a midwife lived. She delivered several hundred children and had, I think 22 of her own. None of her children lived.
Take a pair of binoculars and a camera.
There will be several people to say don’t do it stay at a campground and see the parkway that way. I disagree. The best way to see the parkway is from the parkway.
Lynwood
I down loaded the BRP App and it helps a lot. From your knowledge of the Parkway where would you enter it if starting from Martinsville, VA? And is route 58 from I77 to Martinsville a good route to take towing a FW?
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote