View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 02:02 PM   #26
Fishin2dMax
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20689
Never say never

I’m a baby boomer that has always been an early adopter of technology. Bought first gen Beta Max machine, built my own computer in late 70’s with a hard drive, purchased first plasma monitor, Cd, DVD, Blu ray etc, but was Not a fan of electric or hybrid cars given how ugly and lack of performance! That was until I drove a Tesla. Wow, what a difference from traditional gas, hybrid and other BEV’s. Our latest 2022 Tesla Model Y has mind blowing power and range (331 miles). While my diesel GMC 3500 duramax will Likely be my only option to tow my Montana this decade, I’m seeing quantum leaps in battery technology. I can’t ever imagine going back to internal combustion engine vehicle for our daily driver vehicle. I towed my side by side off road vehicle with the model Y (rated for 3500 lbs towing) to Moab, Utah and averaged 175 miles per charge. Tesla super chargers we’re conveniently located along our journey and only took 20 mins to charge ( enough time for a restroom break and burger). EV’s battery technology is getting better and better. While it may take 5 to 10 years to practically replace the range and power of diesel pickups, that day is coming and I openly embrace and look forward to it.
Fishin2dMax is offline   Reply With Quote