View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 09:32 AM   #13
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Um... one word about P-traps. Several years ago I failed to run enough "pink stuff" down the bathroom sink, and in the Spring I had a gusher flowing out of the new crack in the P-trap.

Ever since then, I simply disconnect the P-trap and dump it out. I take a plastic baggie and simply put it over the open pipe leading to the holding tanks and tie it off with a rubber band, string, or a fine wire to use as a twist-tie. That keeps holding tank odors from coming up. Ever since I started doing that, I've never had problems with the P-traps again.

My current Montana has the Hepvo Valve under the bath tub and for the washing machine, so putting Pink Stuff down those drains serves no real purpose, except to get some in your holding tanks if you want.

Anyway, if you have the Hepvo Drain Valves, you really don't need any "Pink Stuff" at all if you are a "blower" and not a "pumper". And if yours has P-traps and you can access them, then removing them, dumping them and covering the open drain works very well, and again ... no need for "Pink Stuff." Just a little tip for all you "Blowers" out there if you truly want to get away from the Pink Stuff completely.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote