Thread: Battery
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 09:38 PM   #4
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
You won't draw all 16 amps all the time. My furnace draws 10, maybe 12 amp. And when I camped with temps 40 or lower and NO hookups, it ran about 75% of the time, so that is around 8-9 amp per hour or 11-12 hours with no other draw. I wasn't educated at the time in the Big Horns of Wy at 8500 feet. I had the lights on late afternoon. Turned the furnace on at 7 pm and used a CPAP from 10/11 pm on. My single battery that time ran out at 5 am when my inverter (for CPAP) started beeping for low battery. (I bought 2 batteries after that.)

So if you are careful and only run the furnace with few lights in the evening, etc you should be able to go from 7 pm to 7 am. I would think.

I think you have a bigger problem tho. When plugged in your battery should never run down. So either the converter is not working and bad, or somehow it is disconnected. Get a volt meter (every rv-er should have one) and check the voltage on the battery. When the converter is running, it should read around 14-14.5 volts. When not running, it should be 12.5 or slightly higher.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote