View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 09:36 AM   #11
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I'm still using the same factory installed (or dealer installed) lead batteries after, over, 4 years now. I have NEVER added a single drop of water to the batteries. My camper has been plugged in 24x7x(almost 365)... The only exception is when actually driving on the road. My on-board converter keeps mine charged, never had an issue ... and did I mention ... I have never had to add a drop of water!

Sometimes, because of my good fortune, I just don't understand battery problems.

For the OP... owning an RV requires maintenance. It's like having kids. Kids are not just something you bring into the world and once they are here, you set them on a trophy shelf and that's it. They require 7x24x365 attention.

Your camper is a high profile maintenance item too. It cannot, nor will it NEVER be a "plug and play" item. Like kids, they demand 24 hour 365 days attention if you want to keep them nice. There's no short cut. When this becomes too much of a burden, then it's time to sell it (unlike your kids that you just "wish" you could send them off for adoption!)
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote