View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 09:09 AM   #11
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Most all do that here. The dealer right down the street from us that sells sob even has full hookups.
After our experience with our dealer, and reading some of the horror stories here on quality issues, I was trying to think of a way that folks might be able to "provoke" their dealers into doing a better job of prepping the trailer for the buyers. Our dealer ran every system, filled every tank and went through the entire unit with the purpose of trying to find everything amiss with it. There were even ice cubes in the icemaker when we showed up for our pdi. He told us they put several manhours into finishing the build and correcting shortcomings that all RV's have out of the factory.
Perhaps if one was to send their dealership a copy of the checklist shown above to the dealer a week ahead of time politely explaining this is what they are going to want to cover during their PDI, the dealers would actually check them out before we get there.
Our trailer had a faulty motion sensor light at the stairs up to the bathroom and bedroom. We didn't notice it until our first night in the camper that it flashed on and off all night long. I give the dealer a pass on that one, They would have had to sit in the trailer motionless for 20 minutes to check it, but if we would have spent a night in the trailer at the dealer, we would have caught it. That was the only warranty claim we had in our first year. The dealer just had Keystone mail me a light. It was on my doorstep in 3 days and I fixed it. But I do highly recommend staying in the trailer over night or at a nearby campground if the dealer is a good distance from your house and play with everything in it. Cook, heat-a/c and clean. You'll probably find something.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote