View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 01:37 PM   #12
WhatExit?
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28356
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
Update: The more I thought about the Jensen unit and the features it provides including playing DVD and Bluetooth the more I realized, I only need better sound quality. I was sure the unit had line out plugs and it does. So I connected the line out plugs using RCA cables to a Yamaha Home Theater unit (older without HDMI which means you can buy one for cheap used). Added a couple Bose speakers for right and left and a Bose center channel speaker and voilą - a great sounding system using equipment I already had.

One more update: I installed the Yamaha Home Theater receiver which I was holding on to (no resale value so that means you can get similar non-HDMI units for very cheap) and installed it in the opening next to the factory Jensen unit.

One thing that happened is that all the power consumption tripped a breaker when we were boondocking. It seems the power demand was too great on that circuit when powered by the Onan 5500 generator. When the trailer is plugged into 50-Amp service there's no issue so when we're boondocking we no longer use the Home Theater receiver.
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote