Thread: Packing
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 02:34 PM   #18
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
I have a sturdy (rated at 250 lbs) rear fold down rack and strap my 20lb propane tank to it (upright) alongside my cooler and generator. Use the 20 lb propane tank for the generator as well. When not using the genny, I’ll use it for the grillI and lanterns. I carry the gas can for the genny in the bed of the truck. I have an extra 30 lb. Propane tank that I haven’t used yet. I have 2-30 lb. in the rig and when one runs out I get it filled shortly after. Don’t boondock a lot so it’s never been an issue. I would NEVER put a propane tank in an enclosed area like a pass through. That’s just asking for trouble. It needs to be in a well ventilated area like a truck bed or outside rack. As far as carrying an extra gas/diesel can, I used to do that but like most everyone else, I always brought it home so I just make sure that when I get close to 1/4 tank, I’m getting fuel before it hits that mark. Just need to plan your fuel stops ahead of time. If going way out in the boondocks, keep at least 1/2 tank full. More frequent fuel stops that way but you will never run out. Also download the Gas buddy app. It will show you where to get fuel. Happy camping!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote