View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 06:59 AM   #12
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
When I do I replace tires? Our first pop-up ... when I realized one was bulging and about to blow. First TT: never did. Original tires (2 years ownership). Second trailer: After 5 years original tires, only because the side walls were cracking (dry rot). Third trailer: after 2 years, original tires .. dry rot. Current Montana 5er: 6 months after purchase. Why? Blow out. Changed all the tires to Hercules. 2 years later ... skidded on and tore the side wall. Replaced it only with another Hercules. About 2 months ago, replaced another one with a Hurcles. Why? Discovered I had a bent axle and the tread on one tire was horribly uneven. Replaced it only.

So, when do I change tires? When they don't look good any more. There is no pattern. If they don't dry rot on you, they will wear out on you, or you'll skid one up. Just keep a good budget tucked aside (always) so if something happens, you can easily fork over the money for all new rubber .... at any time. All you have to do is drive over a nail and you may end up having to replace all 4 tires! THAT can happen any time.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote