View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 10:54 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
South of Richmond, Indiana you have Whitewater State Park, Brookville State Recreation area, and Quakertown State Recreation area which are all 3 great camping locations and about 20-25 miles off I-70.

North of Columbus, Ohio there is Delaware State Park and Alum Creek State Park. Both are great places for camping and about 30 miles North of I-70.

There are a number of additional State Parks between Columbus and the Pensylvania State line North and South of I-70 only a few miles off course.

Once you get down to Morgantown, West Virginia you will be in the deep Appalachian Mountains. There are multiple opportunities for any kind activity or camping. The area is awesome all the way to Hagerstown, MD. After that, you are approaching unknown territory for me.

Traveling this route has all sorts possibilities for any style of camping and pretty much, any style of activity. Basically, it's whatever you are looking for.

We are State Park camping people. And we've enjoyed every one we've ever been to. Our expectations are simple... Electricity, water somewhere in the park and not necessarily needed on the campsite, and at least a dump station. Of course, the more woodsy and the more forests and the more lakes and water and the more trails and hiking opportunity is what we relish!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote