View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 08:29 PM   #10
Rotnjonny
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32150
First things first - take a deep breath and do not rush forward. Second - I am not an attorney. But I have worked 50 plus years in the automotive industry and have encountered similar situations.

There are a few other critical points that need to be determined that can potentially impact your legal rights and options. Specifically, At the time of the accident, who was the legal owner? If all paper work was complete and you are now the legal owner you may have different options than if the dealership is still the legal owner.

I personally would only deal with the owner or authorized representative of the dealership. I would ask them how they want to proceed and work from there. They may say “We will get you another unit” without you pressing the issue. If they are suggesting you take delivery, document everything, get an extended warranty that they pay for and work them hard.

Don’t be afraid to walk away and come back! From the pictures, it doesn’t appear structural. But you are the one that needs yo live with this if you take delivery.

Some people can’t get passed this and it will ruin your RV experience as long as you have it. Others see it simply as an accident. Get it fixed and move on.

Good luck!
Rotnjonny is offline   Reply With Quote