View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 09:34 AM   #11
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Just downloaded the recipe and will give it a shot. I assume this eliminates the need for any other additives?
I've not used anything else since I started using this. Although, we do have a washing machine in our fifth wheel and I always back-flush the grey water into the black tank for additional rinsing of the black tank. So, that does throw some laundry soap into the black tank when I dump. And the kitchen sink still continues to get dishwashing liquid down it.

It does take a little time, so don't get discouraged if the smells are not gone after the first attempt. It wasn't until the 3 or 4th time I noticed smells were .... well ... gone. I have clear sections of sewer hose drain pipe so I can see what's coming out. The kitchen sink holding tank was the one that really surprised me after just the first treatment. And, amazing, the smells are gone from the kitchen sink grey tank. It was the worst smelling.

The longer you can keep the treatment in the tank, the better it gets. Remember, enzymes are good bacteria that eat bad bacteria. And they grow and multiply, but do die off once they have nothing left to feed off of. So, for the first few dumps, keep adding an ounce after every dump. You will see (and smell) the difference shortly. The goal is to get rid of all the stuff that's clinging and stuck to the sides and bottom of the tanks. Get that stuff dissolved and it will flush on out. New stuff will always smell, but there is a big, big difference in the "new" poop smells and the old "poop" smells.

The difference is, after dumping the new poop, the tank doesn't have that "old poop" smell any more.

Once you get the inside cleaned up, I would think you could go back to your normal deodorizer methods to help hold the "new poop" smells at bay. By now, the "old" is gone.

Treat the tanks every now and then with this afterwords and keep the good bacteria growing.
DutchmenSport is online now   Reply With Quote