View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 01:53 PM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I always used a carpenter's level on the frame of the entrance door. On a previous camper, the floor actually had an arch to it. If one thing in the camper was level, something else was off. I had to pick a spot that would satisfy everything. I used the frame of the entrance door. Put the level in an upright position and brace it tight against the back stop on the door. Turn it one direction you get the the side-to-side level. Turn it 90 degrees and you get the front to back level.

I've been doing it that way ever since. The outer skin and door frame should always be parallel to the trailer frame (should be). And on my previous trailer it was .... except the top of the frame had the arch, not the bottom. So, from the bottom it WOULD level straight, but inside, the table top, the cabinet doors, the stove and the refrigerator were all rolling both directions. That's when I started using the door frame. This worked well for the next 3 trailers, including my Montana. After getting the Montana level, then I did the, push the button 7 or 9 times and I've never had to do it again, even when I moved the back 4 jacks up higher.

I suppose there is no right or wrong way to do it. But if you still find a cabinet door that swings open, or if you find your eggs rolling to one side of the frying pan on the stove, rest assured, your frame may be level, but there's no guarantee everything else is.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote