View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 06:14 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Sorry to hear about your situation. But something doesn't sound right. Is this your first new RV?

Honestly I wouldn't dare to purchase a new RV without doing a through PDI and local ring out. Meaning I wouldn't take it farther then I was willing to travel back to the dealership that I purchased it from for repairs. And I wouldn't have purchased it from a dealer that didn't have a good reputation.

If I were in your situation were it sounds like you purchased and hit the road, I wouldn't be relying on email. I'd be on the phone with a manager. You have 12 months to find and report all of the bugs. Once you open a warranty claim it says open until resolved. But you still have to jump through hoops.

Had you asked, I (like others here) would have suggested that you identify qualified, certified dealers or mobile techs along your route and destination for just such a situation.

I wholeheartedly believe that Keystone cares about it's reputation and customers but they do have to follow their warranty policies and processes. Especially when dealing with the first line of defense warranty person. Escalate, document and be persistent! Dated picture also help.

I'm on my second new Keystone trailer and both took 12 months to ring out 95% of the bugs. If you have a good relationship with your service department they will fight for you.

Good luck and keep us informed.