View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 07:35 PM   #1
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
The reason I bought local

I have purchased 2 new rigs from my local dealership. I could have purchased further away and saved some money but I choose to buy local for easy access for warranty and non warranty repairs. Case in point, I dropped off my rig to have my wet bolts replaced and 3 wheel bearings repacked. That was 6/7. I told them I'm leaving for the coast on 6/22 and need to pick up on 6/16 so that DW has time to prep. I got there today to pick up and the rig was in the shop on jack stands but the tech was pulled off to do repairs on 8 trailers that were sold this week.

Now I could have lost my S*%# but instead I had them bring it out so I could take it home. Always smiling.....as much as I could. I rescheduled it for 7/14 when they can have it for 2 full weeks. It cost me $15 in diesel and an hour of my time. Not the ideal outcome but they can only do what they can do with 4 tech's. It would have been so much different if I had to travel a longer distance

Message? Buy local and make friends with your service department.