View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 01:28 AM   #3
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
For a counterpoint, we live in SoCal and purchased our unit in Iowa. We ordered it in early 2021 when the local dealers were running out or low on stock and not budging on price. We wanted a specific model and upgrades, but were getting quotes at MSRP or higher and told it could take 6 months. Basically heard the same thing up and down the state, OR, and AZ. Found a dealer in IA that was significantly less and 6 weeks. It ended up taking 10 weeks but was worth the wait.

The dealer is part of the PriorityRVNetwork and they assured us that if we have a problem on the road 100+ miles from home, we could take it to a network dealer. Well, we ordered the unit with dual panes and one of the panes was fogged up at the PDI. That was the only issue so we took delivery and they arranged with Keystone and a local, large SoCal dealer so that the window would be shipped to me by Keystone and then I took it and the 5ver for the repair. All went well with the replacement.

Now, the service person at the SoCal dealer that handled the window for us was talking like I could bring it in for routine service. I haven't tested that mainly bc I'm a DIYer so did the bearing repack and lube recently. Also been able to handle a couple of minor maintenance/repair items (entry door alignment, replacing a couple roller shades, replacing the LA batteries) with the help from the good folks on this forum.

Buying this way isn't for everyone but it has worked alright for us.