View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 07:47 AM   #6
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRman View Post
Thanks!
I wonder why the Hydraulic Rams have to be at the rear so far from the Pump...and now understand the need to attach a string!
But on further cleanup and investigation it looks like my Hydraulic Pump tray puddle is likely the "traditional" Tank leak getting worse... But a lot of Black Plastic Sheathing has fallen off the hoses near the Pump Manifold.
But wiping them down found no evidence of fluid.
Level in the Tank is down a little over a Inch. Will top it off (to 1/4") with Sten's Hydraulic Stop Leak and Seal Conditioner vs Trans Fluid.
The slides have been cycling OK.
The design of the thru the frame hydraulic slide is such that "one arm" is driven and the other is simply a follower.. the actuators could have been installed on the non driven side instead but that is only a few feet difference in distance.

With the age of the unit when was the last time the reservoir was siphoned and fresh fluid installed?

On my 2014 the OEM fluid is AW32 instead of ATF and I change very 3 years... I dont use any additives for stiction.. still running all 3 original hyd slide cylinders and all 6 levelers...

the seal between the pump motor and reservoir can be replaced.. also there is a seal on the drive that fits into the motor itself... either of these can leak..
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote