Thread: Poor materials
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #5
MandK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #28430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedtactical View Post
I have a 2020 Keystone Montana legacy and it's falling apart. Made with great materials but not secured well. Ceiling pieces trim all coming loose. Refrigerator failed needed a new board. Theory on video system only works half the time. They do put a lot of junk and what's supposed to be a luxury coach!
Please tell me your new coach woes.
In the first year of ownership I needed to replace the motion light at the stairs and a soft closer mechanism on one of the bedroom drawers. I called my dealer, he called keystone and keystone sent me the parts. On my doorstep in 4 days and I did the repair myself. Obviously simple. Never had the camper back to the dealer.
Second year of ownership, which we are in now, I had a structural issue, not a serious one, but a problem none the less. Called my dealer, he called keystone and I called keystone and sent photographs to customer service. Next day keystone called me back, told me they had been in contact with my dealer and they were sending parts to them. Later that same day my dealer called me and said they had talked to the factory and parts were being sent and when they arrive, he would call me to set up a day to drop it off (about 120 miles for me). 3 days later he called and said I could bring it in anytime and asked me when I needed it back. It was The beginning of October and I told him we leave for Florida right after Thanksgiving. He said no problem, you’ll have it back in two weeks. One week after I dropped it off I had it back. It was an amazing experience. The keystone rep kept me in the loop 100% of the way.
This past winter the refrigerator restraining bar broke while driving across Florida. I took it off and spent $40 to have it welded and beefed up a little.
In February I read on here that some people were having issues with the awning rails pulling loose. Out of curiosity I pulled the screw cover on the main awning and found several #8 screws loose or stripped in the filon. I replaced them with a combination of #10 stainless screws and Oscar rivets. I still have not checked the rail on the slideout awning. Keystone could have done a better job on the awning rails.
Also in February I replaced the igniter on my furnace. The Dometic rep walked me through the troubleshooting. No problem.
Last week I had Dometic send me a new water valve for the toilet. It was leaking around the valve stem. They covered it under their 2 year warranty after I sent them a photo to prove it wasn’t frost damage.
So I’ve had a few issues but nothing real bad except the structural issue and everything else I took care of myself. I figure I have to expect issues. Hopefully they will continue to be easy stuff.
Obviously I have been extremely pleased with my Montana and would buy another one in a heartbeat. I feel bad about some of the problems I read here and by the sounds of things all of the manufacturers could do better.
Recently I installed disc brakes on this one with keeping it a while in mind. Hope our luck holds out.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote