Thread: Third AC
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 01:46 PM   #16
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
In post #11 above - Mikelf mentioned a portable AC unit could be used and vented out the window. THANKYOU For that suggestion. I grabbed the one in DW’s she-shed (she prefers “playhouse”) and brought on this trip. Holy smokes…she is asleep right now in her theater chair with a blanket! Makes a huge difference. Fortunately we kept all the pieces to fit a window. Duct tape covers the holes at the edges.

If you decide to try this - dont forget a short piece of garden hose and a bucket to collect the condensate. The white garden hose is visible in the pic below and a I used a little plastic storage bucket to catch condensate water. The plastic bucket is used to sit the Keurig coffee maker in on the floor under the table for travel. The AC has been running about 5 hours today and there is 2” of water in the bucket already. Our den and bedroom ACs are running full speed. It is 73* inside - 96* and climbing in direct sunlight in the pm. We get morning shade in this site.
That looks exactly like how I do mine. Glad it worked out. Mine vents moisture out the vent so I don't have much condensation to worry about. I use foam strip insulation for the gaps in the window and don’t use duct tape, but I’m sure duct tape works just fine. The portable A/C sure is a less expensive option to a new roof top unit.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote